Nhon Trach district is a district located in southwest of Dong Nai province, a new district established on basis of separation from old Long Thanh District according to decree No. 51/CP dated 23/6/1994 by prime minister, accordingly the boundaries of district is determined as follows:
- North: bordering on Long Thanh District, 2nd and 9th districts
- South, west: bordering on Nha Be district
- East: bordering on Long Thanh district and Tan Thanh District Ba Ria – Vung Tau province.
With total natural area of 41,089 ha including 12 villages and 53 hamlets with total population of approx. 108,422 people, accounting for 7% of natural area and 5.4% of population of Dong Nai province. In 1996 the overall planning of Nhon Trach district was approved by the prime minister, Nhon Trach District shall become a new city of grade 2 urban area, expected population in 2005 shall be 100,000 thousands of inhabitants and by 2020 approx. 500,000 thousands of inhabitants, planned land area in 2005 is from 2,000ha and by 2020 approx. 8,000 ha with following functional areas:
- Industrial park: located in northeast, connected with Thi Vai port.
- City center shall be located in the south, southwest, near
- Civil construction area: develop to the west and south around the central area.
Nhon Trach District is within the southern key economic zone, in the economic triangle: Ho Chi Minh City, Bien Hoa, Ba Ria – Vung Tau, along key traffic lines of the region and as a future gateway to Ho Chi Minh City so Nhon Trach has a large advantage in development of industry, service and tourism, as one of districts strongly attracting investment capital, having potential in economic development at high rate of growth, playing important role in economic development of Dong Nai province as well as of southern key economic zone.
II. AMENDMENT TO OVERALL PLANNING OF
Due to the changes in socio-economic development of the country, upon the development trend of southern key economic zone of Dong Nai province and of the area to be built into Nhon Trach new urban area. Over 7 years of implementing overall planning of Nhon Trach
1. Industrial groups:
1.1 Concentrated Industrial park: located in the east, along road 319 and limited by road 19 from Hiep Phuoc (north) down to Long Tho (south) to the road to Phuoc An port in an area of 2,700ha.
1.3 Local industrial group: in the south of Tuy Ha citadel, area of 100 ha.
2. Urban residential areas:
2.1 Central Urban residential area: Located in the north bordering on road 25C, bordering on belt highway to southwest, bordering on road to Ong Keo industrial park to southeast.
- Area: approx. 1,500 ha.
- Population: Expected by 2020 approx. 125,000 –130,000 people.
2.2 Central urban residential area to the north of city: Along road 25B, bordering on road 25C to the north, around existing district center.
- Area: approx. 1,500 ha.
- Population: expected by 2020 approx. 115,000 –120,000 people.
2.3 Central urban residential area to the east of city: located in the south of Nhon Trach industrial park.
- Area: approx. 1600 ha.
- Population: expected by 2020 approx. 120,000 – 125,000 people.
2.4 North urban residential area: in Long Tan village, near Dong Nai river, along belt highway from 9th district
- Area: approx. 950 ha.
- Population: expected by 2020 approx. 60,000 – 65,000 people.
2.5 Gateway residential area: Including two areas
- Hiep Phuoc residential area (north gateway). Area of approx. 180 ha.
- Dong Mu Rua residential area (southeast gateway). Area of approx. 400 ha.
3. Rural residential areas:
- Line of existing rural residential area, to be improved along roads 25A and 19.
- Remaining area encircles from the north bordering on
4. Specialized centers:
4.1 University village: including 2 areas
- South area: near Ong Keo river, area of approx. 350 ha
- North area: bordering on Dong Nai river, in the middle of Dong Mon river and
4.2 City knot trade center: Arranged with 3 centers in 3 areas.
- North area: Bordering on Dong Nai river in Long Tan village, as a knot market of farm produce, foodstuffs, waterways transport combined with warehousing in an area of approx. 80 - 85 ha.
- East area: bordering on highway 51, on road 25 B. roadway communication. Area: 30 - 35 ha.
- Southeast area: road to Phuoc An port. Combined waterway and roadway transport. Area: 30 - 35 ha.
4.3 Sport & Gymnasium area:
- Complex area of city largest scope, area of approx. 150 ha.
- Area of sport & gymnasium combined with park for urban areas, it is expected to have 3 areas with the area of approx. 50 - 60 ha each.
- North urban area: Existing health center shall be expanded and upgraded.
- South urban area: expected to build a hospital, area of approx. 05 ha.
- It is expected city large hospital shall be located in Dai Phuoc village, area of approx. 10 ha.
4.5 Urban park areas:
It is organize flower garden – parks into system.
- Park –verdure on riverside of
- Theme park: childhood world, culture park, etc.
4.6 Tourist areas:
- Tourist area of Ong Con isle: 700 - 750 ha
- Ong Keo tourist area: 200 - 250 ha
- Dai Phuoc village tourist area (bordering on Cai river): 350 - 400 ha